Tuesday 24 April 2012

Video: Inspired by Alesha Dixon

 After watching the first couple of episodes of Britain's Got Talent I actually gave up on continuing to watch it, which is strange for me because I do like reality TV competition shows (The Voice, BINTM, ANTM, etc.). Nevertheless, in the first episode or two (I don't remember) Alesha Dixon was wearing a colour combination of black, white and yellow, which I LOVED.








 I immediately thought, as I tend to do, "I need to have a go at that makeup". However I must say I was particularly intimidated by it considering it was not just one set of precise flicked eyeliner, but TWO. I agree that practice is the key to improving at difficult things like winged eyeliner, but for me I still manage to fail at it frequently, and was sure that because I would be filming it the stakes would be higher and I'd be even more likely to make a mess of my entire face.

Regardless of that I thought I'd have a go. So here as some photos of my face!




As you'll be able to see from the video I managed not to struggle too much with the eyeliner. By some miracle! I really have to say the Real Techniques eyeliner brush I used is amazing. I love Real Techniques brushes on the whole, but I'd have to say that was my favourite. Plus I love Pixiwoo (for those who don't know they are sisters who are makeup artists and make YouTube videos. Samantha of Pixiwoo has released her own brushes called 'Real Techniques'). I hope you like what I've done!

Here is what I used:
Ben Nye Creme Foundation P-1 White (for the white eyeliner)
Cheap eBay eyeshadow palette white (to set the white cream)
Urban Decay Perversion Liquid Eyeliner (for the black eyeliner)
Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
MAC Dark Edge eyeshadow (for my eyebrows)
MUA 2 eyeshadow (as my highlight colour)
Rimmel mascara (I hate mascara reh reh reh)
Eylure Naturalites 080 false eyelashes
MAC Creme D'Nude lipstick
Bourjois Effet 3D Brun Poetic lipgloss
I used a combination of MAC and Real Techniques brushes.

I also decided to go the whole hog and have yellow nails, too. I used OPI 'Need Sunglasses?'
Thanks for reading :D

No comments:

Post a Comment