Friday 6 July 2012

Video: Disco Mermaid

Since moving back home I've not known how/where to film a video and be able to get sufficient lighting and space to make a tripod and stand a mirror. I decided I would just get on with it and at least test some places after I got a suggestion on youtube from Kirstie




I thought this was a pretty cool idea since I'd been messing about with my eyeshadows just before reading this and I'd found a blue glitter I'd forgotten about, and really wanted a reason to use it. I didn't go mega overboard exciting with this look, but I guess that's because I haven't done much with makeup recently so feeling a little out of touch. So without further ado...

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Barry M Fine Glitter Dust (it says both 5 and 724 on the bottom, it also says not safe to use around eyes...)
MAC - Clarity
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil - Milk
MAC - Aquadisiac
Bourjois  Regard PailletĂ© Sparkling Eyeliner - 34 Vert StupĂ©fiant
Sleek Eau La La Liner - Cobalt Blue 305
MUA - Shade 2
No. 7 Beautiful Brows Pencil - 10 Brown/Black (I absolutely do not recommend this to anyone with hair darker than medium brown, it barely matches me, and the name is inaccurate!)
Eylure Lashfix mixed with generic white glitter
Urban Decay Liquid Liner - Perversion (I'm running out :'[ )
Collection 2000 Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner - Le Freak 5
Rimmel Mascara




Lips
NYX Ultra Pearl Mania  - the white one
Sleek Eau La La Liner - Cobalt Blue 305
Clear Gloss
Stargazer Glitter Shaker - the white one 


sorry that's a really bad photo, but I can't seem to get a better one

I also added a lot of highlight to my cheeks using a powder brush and MUA Shade 2, which can be skipped. I don't like to highlight because it can make a face look oily, especially if you're like me and don't wear any foundation so there isn't a fully matte base.
 
I do feel like this (minus the lips) is definitely something that can be worn in public. Personally I'd wear this out with any kind of nude glittery lipgloss.

Watch the video in HD (:

So that is it. Thanks for reading (:





What I'm listening to: Memphis May Fire - Challenger

No comments:

Post a Comment