Monday 14 January 2013

Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette

Hello!


If you read my wishlist I wrote a week or two ago you'll know I have wanted to own a Sugarpill palette for SO long.
I finally gave in because they were on sale (not that great of a discount, but make up I want never even has so much as £1 taken off it). I went with the Burning Heart palette, which has always been my favourite of the three quads they currently have.

 I won't ramble because I haven't tried it out enough to be able to give a full review. I did do some swatches though and I will provide my opinion based on this first impression.




 The first picture is the packaging the palette comes in, and the second is the palette itself. What I didn't realise is that there is also a mirror in the palette. I couldn't photograph it since obviously it's just going to reflect the camera back and you won't be able to see it properly. But there is one there.

 I really do like the designs Sugarpill use, they're quirky and colourful, which is so in-line with the whole brand's look, and the brand's creator Amy aka Shrinkle. Just google her! Her hair is incredible, as is her makeup! Part of the reason I always wanted to try Sugarpill is because it celebrates being creative and experimental with makeup, and not being afraid to express yourself. When it comes to makeup I will wear an OTT creative look over an 'everyday' look every time. I am all for promoting that others do the same.

 The eyeshadows in the palette are Flamepoint (bright orange), Buttercupcake (bright yellow), Love+ (bright pinky red) and Poison Plum (mid-tone purple that leans more towards blue tones than pink).

Top l-r: Flamepoint, Buttercupcake. Bottom l-r: Love+, Poison Plum

  




 From what I had heard and can tell from swatching these colours, they are every bit as bright and pigmented as they look. The pans are also really quite large. They are a lot bigger than, for example, MAC, Urban Decay and Lime Crime's eyeshadows. In fact they are a lot bigger than any eyeshadows I've ever seen. I think they are closest in size to Stargazer's and MUA's.

In all honestly you do need to build and pack them on, as with any other bright colour really. But this isn't a laborious task, as it can be with other eyeshadows (such as MAC's Shock-A-Holic. SO happy to have a purple to replace that trainwreck).

Swatches!

Applied WITHOUT primer

Applied WITH primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance)

I am actually pretty impressed with how pigmented and smoothly they apply even without primer. Obviously primer is going to help with ANY eyeshadow so naturally they look better with it.

When I try these out in a makeup look I expect I will use a combination of colour-matched eyeliners (Sleek's Eau La La Liners in Pumpkin & Canary Yellow) and NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk as bases to make the colours even more vibrant.

Regardless of attractive aspects like the packaging these really are great eyeshadows. If you look up other people's swatches and makeup looks that have used Sugarpill eyeshadows you'll be able to see straight away how popular they are and how well they apply and blend.

I think that's all I have to say. I really can't wait to do a rainbow look with them. Inevitably a tutorial will come up!

Thanks for reading, and if you'd like you can check out Sugarpill at Sugarpill or Love Makeup.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment