Saturday 12 January 2013

Video: Dark & Edgy Eyes and Lips

Hello!
instagram.com/kittenmoustache (;
I've done my second talking video, and it's becoming more natural already. Thankfully



This make up was done for a photoshoot I did with Sarah, and her instructions were to wear dark makeup, which I was very pleased with because often dark makeup can be seen as 'too much' or 'too heavy' so it puts me off doing it often. I do wear makeup without caring what other people think, but when it comes to some makeup I'd just rather not draw negative attention to myself. Not meaning to get into a big thing here, but I do wish creative makeup was more commonplace.

My main inspiration for the particular look I did was Instagram. Recently I have seen a lot of makeup artists wearing makeup that is light on the centre of the eyelid and darkened at the inner and outer corners. I went for a slightly adapted version of this, but nevertheless that was where I got the idea. I had considered a normal smokey eye, but it seemed too obvious and I really wanted to use the opportunity to be creative.

So here we go!

Look, I have a triangle on my nose! :D



Eyebrows
MAC e/s - Dark Edge
No.7 Lash & Brow Perfector

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay e/s - Virgin, Sin & Blackout
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil - Zero & Midnight Cowboy
MAC Eyelashes - #7



         
 Lips
MAC Lip Pencil - Nightmoth
MAC Matte Lipstick - Prince Noir
(cleaned up edges using Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade Light 2)   

Contour 
MAC e/s - Dark Edge

I think that covers everything. 

Thanks for reading!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment