Thursday 24 January 2013

Video: RAINBOW!!

Instagram: kittenmoustache
Hello!

I've been feeling like wearing bright colours for a while, especially since receiving my Sugarpill Burning Heart palette, so I decided to do a rainbow tutorial.


I was inspired probably over a year ago now by some people I follow on Tumblr. I hope they won't mind me putting their pictures, I will credit fully!

glitterxblood.tumblr.com

emmieeee.tumblr.com
  
My look follows essentially the same colour placement, but I'm not sure what products they used.

Eyes





Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sleek Eau La La Liners - Canary Yellow, Pumpkin & Cobalt Blue
Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette - Buttercupcake, Flamepoint, Love+ & Poison Plum
MAC matte e/s - Lime & Clarity
Illmasqua matte e/s - Control
Bourjois 1000 cils mascara - Black
Rimmel ScandalEyes Liner - Nude

Lips 

Closer look at the glitter

 MAC Dazzleglass - Sugarrimmed

I know I look strange, but here is a rather pale looking full face

Alternatives:
In the video I mention alternative eyeshadows that could be used. They're by no means cheaper alternatives, but for those who might have a preference for MAC there are other options.
On the left I will list what I used and on the right what the alternative is. SP = Sugarpill.

SP Buttercupcake                     MAC Chrome Yellow
SP Flamepoint                          MAC Orange  
SP Love+                                        MAC Passionate/Basic Red Pigment
SP Poison Plum                       MAC Shock-A-Holic
MAC Clarity                            MAC Electric Eel

This is only based on what I have used myself, and therefore can confidently comment on. I know that there is a very popular purple made by Make Up Forever, which would make a good alternative, as would many Inglot colours. But I have no experience with these personally.

Thank you for checking this out!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment