Thursday 21 March 2013

Palettes Revisited: Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume 1



As a make up enthusiast I own a lot of make up. My interest was first in eyeshadows, and as I was starting out I just built up my collection with a lot of them, mostly by buying the Urban Decay palettes as they were released.

Nowadays I don't tend to buy these palettes for several reasons:
1. I already own a lot, and I need to make better use of it
2. A lot of the colours in newer palettes are too similar to ones I already own (of any brand) so I can't justify buying the new ones
3. I'd rather build my own palettes by buying individual eyeshadows I specifically want

That's not to say that the palettes aren't very high quality or a good deal, I just have so many that I don't feel I need to buy any more unless there is something truly unique or themed on something I am a big fan of.

That's my explanation, so moving on to the actual look.

I used the very first Urban Decay Book of Shadows, which came with 16 eyeshadows. I haven't used this palette in quite a while now, and it looks barely used because the colours are so pigmented you don't need a whole lot on your brush. Plus I got it at a time where I was buying a lot of eyeshadows at once so after using it a few times I tended to move on, which is true for a few of their palettes I own.

I tried to use as many of the colours as I felt would work with the look I was creating in order to make the best use of the palette. This is a colourful look since that is what I enjoy doing the most!


   
Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil - Ransom & Electric 
Urban Decay Book of Shadows - Mayhem, Grifter, Goddess, Absinthe & Shattered  
Urban Decay Naked Palette - Virgin
Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner - Air Guitar
No.7 Extreme Length Mascara - Black  


This lipgloss is so hard to photograph, but at least you can just about see the glitter

Lips
Urban Decay Lip Junkie - Midnight Cowboy



As you can see I used a lot of Urban Decay, which was entirely intentional. They are the brand I definitely have most products from so I wanted to make the best use of it.

Thanks for reading, please make sure to watch the tutorial (:   

 

1 comment: