Thursday 7 March 2013

Hogwarts Houses: Ravenclaw


Ravenclaw is characterised by the colours blue and bronze, and by an eagle. I always thought their animal should be a raven, but there you go.


Their house motto is 'wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure' because they are known for their intelligence.

The look I created is based on the house colours more than anything else, and I found it quite difficult to think of a flattering look that combined these colours. So I decided to throw in some rhinestones to counteract the possibility of it not being particularly pretty. I love the opportunity to use bright blue, but mixing it with bronze was a challenge. Thankfully I think it turned out OK, though!





Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance  
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil - Deviant, Electric & Zero
MAC Mineralize e/s Duo - Sea & Sky 
Urban Decay e/s - Roach, Smog, Suspect & Bootycall
No 7 Extreme Length Mascara - Black
Urban Decay Urban Lash - Little Wing
Blue Rhinestones bought off eBay (large blue from seller elles3103, small from gadgetcking - all were bought over a year ago so I'm not sure if the small ones are still available from that seller)   


Lips
MAC Lipstick - Pink Plaid
MAC Dazzleglass - Internationalist

I hope you like it, thanks for reading (:  

 

2 comments:

  1. Once again you've come with an amazing Harry Potter look! With that blue, it does look kinda royal! :) xo

    Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (: It's so nice to get this kind of support, I really appreciate it! xx

      Delete