Monday 1 April 2013

Video: Cocktail Inspired - Piña Colada

 

If you have read my 'current inspiration' post from a little while back you'll know that I've been very inspired by the Drag Queens of RuPaul's Drag Race. And if you have been watching my videos for a while you'll also know for a little while I did cocktail inspired make up looks. Well, after seeing a particular look done by Manila Luzon on Drag Race, I became very much inspired all over again and knew I had to record a Pina Colada make up look.


I was inspired by her entire outfit, particularly the colours of the pineapple. I am not intending to copy her make up, just so you don't wonder why it doesn't look anything like it, haha. I am mostly using the colours seen in a typical Pina Colada, but using inspiration from Manila to make it more dramatic and exciting to look at.
As you can see from the picture above, a Pina Colada is varying shades of yellow, and creates a pretty gradient. So, in order to recreate the look I decided to use as many different shades as I could find to put this across, as well as using sparkle to liven it up. I decided to use general pineapple colours as well (brown) in order to give the look depth.




Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
No7 Beautiful Brows Pencil - 10 Brown/Black (very inaccurate shade name!)
MAC e/s - Nylon, Going Bananas
Sugarpill e/s - Buttercupcake
Natural Collection e/s - Milk Chocolate
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil - Covet
Sleek Eau La La Liner - Canary Yellow
MUA Glitter Liner - Shade 8 (Green)
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner - Perversion
No7 Extreme Length Mascara - Black
MAC Lashes - #7

The only thing I would change about the eyes is that I would have added glitter over the lids, but I don't own glitter of the right shade. I also worry before adding glitter that I'll ruin what I've just done, so that was another reason.

sorry, not in focus ):

Lips
MAC lipstick - Impassioned (Amplified)
MAC Plushglass - Plus Luxe

I hope you liked the look! I was particularly pleased with how the yellows blended together, which I would like to try in another look since usually when I wear yellow it's the brightest shade possible, and it's nice to try different things.

I think this look is actually quite wearable, and for those too afraid to wear yellow eyeshadow this might be a nice way to try it. Obviously not everyone will be comfortable wearing bright pinks with this look, so any sheer gloss or lipstick would work for those people.  

Please check out the video tutorial, every view brightens my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment