Thursday 4 September 2014

Video: Naked Electric Tutorial

Combining neutral with bright!



I had a request to film another Urban Decay Electric Palette tutorial, and I was very enthusiastic to make this happen, but quickly realised I had no idea what to do. I was really reluctant to film one for the sake of it because the only looks I could think of were similar to the ones I'd already recorded, but using different colours from the palette.

After a lot of staring mindlessly at the eyeshadows and getting nowhere I actually got inspiration from a picture a friend sent me. It showed a neutral eye make up on the top lid with (I think) yellow, green and blue on the lower lid. I'd show you the picture, but I never saved it, and I don't know who did the original look to be able to credit them.

The key behind this look is to balance everything out, and I really can't stress that enough. It doesn't work or look right if you don't make sure the top lid has heavy eyeshadow, liner and lashes because the lower lash line appears too heavy in comparison.

I hope this is helpful to you, especially as it's using the palette in a different way that more people might be comfortable wearing since the other looks I did were very intense and bright, which not everyone wants to wear.

Eyes
MAC Paint Pot - Bare Study
Urban Decay Naked Palette - Sin, Naked, Buck, Darkhorse & Virgin
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - Trooper
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
Urban Decay Electric Palette - Urban, Chaos, Freak, Thrash & Fringe
Estée Lauder Pure Color Kajal - Blackened Black
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes - Extra-Black
Eylure #107 Lash

Lips
Estée Lauder Double Wear Lip Pencil - Fuchsia
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick - Bauhau5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment