Thursday 9 October 2014

Halloween: Chelsea Smile/Black Dahlia


Here's my second Halloween tutorial this year! I'm so excited about it because it's more my sort of thing being that it is on the more scary side.


I was so scared to record it because I afraid it would go wrong, and I wanted it to be perfect. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I'm glad I kept poking with the scar wax to get it to look more realistic.

In the video I recommend a product called Rigid Collodion as a method of creating scars. It's literally a liquid that dries up on the skin and pulls it tight so it looks like actual scarring. This would make the job a lot quicker and easier because it doesn't need any skill at all! The method I use is a lot trickier, and creates more of a gross 3D wound, rather than a flat scar. It really is up to you which look you'd like to go for.

The actual Chelsea/Glasgow Smile part of this tutorial can be used for a range of different looks, whether it's Black Dahlia, The Joker, Slit Mouthed Woman, etc. You can also add as much or as little fake blood and gore as you want depending on how you want it to look. My tutorial was intended as a Black Dahlia look, but now I look at it, especially combined with my green hair colour, it could definitely be a female joker look.

SFX  
Vassen Rainbow Eyes Grayish Blue Contacts
Ben Nye Nose & Scar Wax
Eylure Eyelash Glue
Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color 585 Burgundy Bordeaux Infini & 427 in the old style of this product

Face
Estée Lauder Double Wear 1N1 Ivory Nude
Ben Nye Creme Foundation - White
MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Loose Powder

Eyebrows
Anastasia DipBrow Pomade - Dark Brown
Benefit Gimme Brow - Medium/Deep

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
LORAC Pro Palette - Lt. Bronze, Sable, Espresso, Taupe, Black, Cream
Estée Lauder Double Wear Eye Pencil - Onyx
Kat von D Tattoo Liner - Trooper
Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner - Black
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes - Extra-Black
MAC Fix+

No comments:

Post a Comment