Tuesday 21 October 2014

NOTW: Models Own - Black Magic





Here we have another Models Own nail varnish! They make up the majority of my collection, so don't be surprised, haha.

This week I decided to wear black, since that always used to be my favourite to wear, and I hadn't actually worn it in months. The clothes I wear tend to be black or dark, so usually colours come in with my make up or nail varnish, but not this week!

I don't actually think I like black nails as much as I used to. I do think they look really nice, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't say they were my favourite anymore. Sometimes I think with black nail varnish it has to be chipped and worn in to look right, but I've gotten into the habit of painting my nails often so I never get to that point. Plus having chipped nails bothers me now, and it definitely never used to.

This particular nail varnish was opaque in one coat, but out of habit I applied a second one anyway. I applied the Maybelline Super Stay clear base coat along with the Revlon Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat, which has now become my favourite!

I also cut my nails really short, which is something I never used to do. I remember my nails used to grow so long when I was at school because I never cut them unless they broke. But in the last couple of years I've found myself regularly cutting my nails, since it's just so much easier for me to cope with. As time goes on though I'm cutting them shorter and shorter. They just naturally grow so quickly so I have to stay on top of it, and I find they break far less frequently now I do that. I think I can get away with it since my fingers are really long and thin, aka, corpse-like, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment