Monday 17 November 2014

Video: Melanie Martinez Carousel MV Tutorial

I love Melanie's whole aesthetic so when I knew she'd released a new music video I went to watch it knowing that it would be a potential make up tutorial. I was not disappointed.



not the best application I'm afraid...

The song is Carousel, and from what I've read, the video is inspired by American Horror Story: Freakshow, with it's circus-y, funfair, creepy carnival vibe. I am a big fan of AHS so of course the video was great. I am so jealous of her hair in the video, and I even curled mine (badly) to try in some way to replicate it. I would kill to have half and half hair, although I suppose in a way mine is half and half, just horizontally instead of vertically...

I stayed as true to the original look as I possibly could, and the only thing I intentionally left out was the coloured brows. Hers are a kind of dark berry shade, but I did mine the same as always. The reason I skipped this step was because I haven't had much practise at doing coloured brows, and I really didn't want to ruin the video by making an attempt at something I'm just not good at. I hope no one minds!

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
Sigma Creme de Couture Palette - Blue Chocolat
MAC e/s - Deep Truth
Sephora e/s - Secret Boudoir
Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow - Lumi
Kat von D Tattoo Liner - Trooper
Sleek Eau La La Liner - White Noise
Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Ardell #118 & #110 (cut up for bottom lash line)

Lips
I mixed together Ben Nye Creme Foundation in White with a tiny bit of NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean then added a very small amount of OCC Lip Tar in Hoochie.
(It's very likely she used Lime Crime Lipstick in Chinchilla)

No comments:

Post a Comment