Saturday 13 December 2014

Review: Melt Cosmetics

Thanks to Black Friday I bought some more Melt lipsticks!

Dark Room, 6six6, Spacecake, Blow
Dark Room

6six6
Space Cake

Blow
Before I start - sorry I'm so bad at lip swatches! It always looks so much better with lip pencil, but I don't use them when swatching because it affects the colour/performance.

Dark Room
6six6
6six6 from far away to show the colour better
Space Cake
Space Cake
Blow
Blow

So I did some damage on Black Friday, which is no surprise to me, being the makeup obsessive that I am. I saw on Instagram that Melt were doing a 3 for 2 offer on their lipsticks, and since I had always been meaning to buy more of them I thought it was the perfect time. 

They usually cost $19, and I pay $10 for the international shipping. So when I bought Dark Room I paid $29, or £18, for one lipstick. Which is more than I would usually pay, but it was Limited Edition! Plus I've been wearing it non-stop, it's my new favourite lipstick. This time around I paid $38 plus $10 shipping for three lipsticks, which ended up as £30, so £10 each. Much better! I originally intended to buy DGAF (dark blue), but it was out of stock before the sale even began.

You'll have seen from the photos above I bought 6six6 (dark red), Space Cake (blue grey), and Blow (dark green). If DGAF had been in stock I wouldn't have bought 6six6, since I was intending to buy the more unusual colours only. Now that I own 6six6 I can't regret buying it at all, I LOVE it! I decided to include Dark Room in this post just so you could see my whole collection together. Having bought the Limited Edition colour as my first ever Melt lipstick, buying more has made me realise that the 'melt.' on the lid is grey only on that one, and the permanent shades have it in purple.

The lipsticks are all matte, but apply really nicely and are on the creamier side rather than drying. When you first apply the new lipstick you have to get past the very top layer and then it applies perfectly opaque every time. They are also long lasting, and I've enjoyed many orange hot chocolates from the Christmas menu of Costa without ruining my lipstick :D 

I was actually really blown away by the formula of these lipsticks! After trying Dark Room and loving it so much I couldn't believe how amazing the others also performed. They all have amazing opacity, and the true colour you see in the bullet, with absolutely no pulling or unevenness. Please don't let my poor ability of swatching and photographing put you off these lipsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment