Monday 1 December 2014

Video: Ash Costello / New Years Day - Other Side MV

So here I am being a goth again.



I was asked to do a tutorial on the makeup look from the end of the New Years Day music video for Other Side where Ash Costello has what looks like black tears running down her face from her eyes. The video is very jumpy so I found it really hard to tell what her makeup looked like other than the 'tears'. So I google image searched, and this photo came up:


After checking her instagram I realised she'd been wearing this look quite a lot recently, particularly with the dots. So I decided to make this look the basis of the tutorial. Plus, in the video, it looks like she could easily just have a black smokey eye, which I have done a couple of times before and there wasn't any point in showing you the same thing over and over.

I know this isn't traditionally wearable, but I want to do a variety of looks to help every kind of person. Especially since this was a request.

I originally thought she was wearing bottom lashes in the above picture, but now I think it's actually a more low key version of the black tears. I was going to do that, but I ended up going over the top, and it did end up more like the video, which was what I was asked to do anyway. Here's a terrible screenshot:


Eyebrows
MAC Fluidline - Blacktrack
Zoeva Wing Liner Brush 317

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
LORAC Mega Pro Palette: Maroon, Caviar, Vanilla
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - Perversion
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes - Extra-black
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - Black
Eylure Katy Perry - Cool Kitty
Snazaroo Black Face Paint + water

Dots
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - Zero

Lips
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - Zero  
Rimmell Kate Moss Lipstick - 107
YSL Gloss Pur - 49

No comments:

Post a Comment