Tuesday 27 January 2015

NOTW: Barry M - Acid Yellow

Wearing neon out of season...oops!



with flash

I'm going on the assumption that bright colours are for Spring/Summer here, haha. I'm sure you can tell from my other posts, and videos that I rarely do looks appropriate for the season we're in so why break that habit! This can be one for the Southern Hemisphere!

Anyway, this here is Barry M's Acid Yellow, which to me is more of a bright lime green, somewhat like Urban Decay's Thrash from the Electric Palette. When I use flash to take a picture it definitely looks more yellow, but in person it's a very bright lime green shade, in my opinion.

It's really quite sheer in colour and thin in consistency, so if you have one I'd recommend applying a white nail varnish first so you can get the most out of this one without having to apply four coats, which is what I did since I don't own a white! It's definitely worth the effort though because I did not expect to love this as much as I do. When I applied the first coat and saw how sheer it was I really didn't like how it looked at all and considered bailing before it was too late, but I'm really glad I stuck it out.

So the combination I am wearing is Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay Gel Nail Color in Crystal Clear as a base, four coats of Acid Yellow, and Revlon Gel Envy Diamond top coat. 

Despite wearing a base coat the nail varnish did stain my nails! I tend to apply a new colour straight after removing the previous one so I can't tell you how long the stain lasts. The colour also lasts well without chipping.

Barry M nail varnishes are only £2.99, which always surprises me when I remember because that's just stupidly cheap! I'm not 100% sure if this particular shade is still available though!

No comments:

Post a Comment