Tuesday 24 February 2015

NOTW: Models Own Hyper Gel - Inky Blue & Bluebelle Glitter


 
with flash
 I recently added to my Models Own collection after they had an extremely tempting 50% sale. I really don't need more nail varnish, but I just couldn't help myself. Models Own is really affordable anyway at £4.99 for a 14ml bottle, and with the extra 50% off I had to get the ones I'd had my eye on.

The main colour on my nails is Inky Blue, which is from their Hyper Gel line. They started with a selection of standard sort of shades in this line, but then they added a collection of darker tones, which are right up my alley. I found the blue the most tempting so that's the one I went with. It's so beautiful, and the name 'Inky Blue' couldn't be more appropriate. Ordinarily I'd have also been tempted by the dark red, but I have enough reds!

I found Inky Blue to have good opacity in one coat, but it appears lighter that way so I applied a second so it looked the darker colour you see in the bottle. 

The second colour is one of their glitters in Bluebelle. I love glitter nail varnish, but since it's such a pain to get off I don't tend to buy them anymore. However, I feel like I'm just a sucker for blues so I had to get this one. I've recently disposed of a lot of the glitters I had in my collection because they were definitely expired and hard to apply. So I didn't feel so bad about getting this one. It really is so striking, and looks great over Inky Blue.

In the photographs I have Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay Base Coat, 2 coats of Inky Blue or 1 coat of Inky Blue and 1 coat of Bluebelle, topped off with Revlon Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment