Thursday 12 February 2015

Video: Red Grunge







This was suddenly really requested as a tutorial so I decided to give it a go. I have plenty of other red or burgundy eyeshadow tutorials so if you want to check those out they'll be on my channel. There is quite a variation so you have options if this particular look isn't for you.

I didn't have any real inspiration for this other than people asking me to do a red smokey eye or a red grungey eye makeup look. The key is basically to blend it out so it looks really big and smokey. You can really afford to take it higher up and lower down than you might usually since it really is meant to look dramatic, and the colours aren't supposed to be the most flattering!

The look won't be for everyone, but I like it! I feel like it really brings the green out in my eyes, which you can only usually see super close up.

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sephora e/s - Secret Boudoir
Sigma Creme de Couture Palette - Passion Fruit
NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
Sugarpill e/s - Love+
MAC Pigment - Accent Red
Urban Decay Electric Palette - Slowburn
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - Perversion
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes - Extra-Black

Lips
Concealer or foundation
Sleek Makeup Pout Paint - Port

 

1 comment:

  1. This must be my favourite look of yours :) It really suits you even though it doesn't aim for the standard 'pretty' effect.

    ReplyDelete